Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Sad Day...

Today I had the oppurtunity to go to a funeral. Its a long story but I guess I will tell it!

One of my best friends Matt, his Dad about 2 months ago was diagnosed with Terminal cancer. About two weeks ago as I was attending a pilgrimage (I'll tell you about that later) my Best friend Amelia told me that he had only two weeks to live! I was horrified! Well, on Monday the 2nd November, 2009 at 8:10 am, he passed away on All Souls Day!! The best day to die in the entire Churchs year I think! I got to school that day and my friend Bernadette told a group of us. My other best friends Caitlin and another friend of mine Lauren ran staright up to the Chapel, we stayed there for 15 minutes beacuse at that time ti was only around 8:45am. We missed the first part of assembly. Luckily first period was Study so Caitlin and I ran back up to the chapel and started to say the Rosary, half way through Matt's closest friends joined us. Caitlin, my friend Jancarlo and myself stayed in that Chapel for 45 minutes and we prayed and prayed for his soul and his family. I couldn't help but cry and sob. Anyway, today washis funeral and Matt was so storng. He had so much faith that I didn't even see him cry, although he claimed to have at the requim mass!! Matt is the nicest guy and he doesn't deserve this cross, but obviuosly God has given him this to show him something, and something good always comes out of the bad!! It was a hard day for all of us, and I couldn't help but cry when I gave him a hug. I would like to close with a short prayer in Repose for Thomas Bayley's Soul and all his Family that they may gain graces from this tragedy:

Eternal Rest Grant to Tom, Oh Lord,
and May Perpetual Light Shine Upon Him,
May He Rest In Peace,
Amen...

No comments:

Post a Comment