Sunday, July 5, 2009

Month of the Precious Blood


Hey!! Well I haven't written anything in a LONG time! I have been so busy with my exams and school! I did pretty well and topped the class in HSIE (Australian History) and Elective History and came equal 2nd in my Science Class, with two of my buddies! On the 1st of July was the feast of the Precious Blood, it was also my cousins birthday (I would love to have a birthday on a special feast like that!) I never really knew anything about the Precious Blood. One of our close family friends lent mum a book about the Devotion to the Precious Blood. Here are a few excerts from the book:

"...Veneration of the Precious Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ is a devotion as old as our Holy Faith..."

"... In Holy Communion, all recieve the Flesh and Blood of Jesus Christ as a pledge of Life Eternal. True Catholics must venerate the Precious Blood of Jesus Christ unto the End of the World..."

"...One of the best means of participating in the graces and blessings of the Precious Blood is to offer it to the Eternal Father..."

"... Resolve to say the following little prayer every morning and evening:

O Holy and Immaculate Virgin Mary, offer to the Eternal Father the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son for the intention that one mortal sin may be prevented this day (or this night)..."


This book is called Devotion to the Precious Blood by Tan Books. I never really thought about the Precious Blood that much, maybe this month and in the future I will focus on the Precious blood alot more! I thought it was quite amazing that if the Precious Blood is spilt at Mass, the procedure to clean it up was quite extraordinary. It can be cleaned off the floor with a linen, than the linen soaked in a pan of water and laundered as usual. The pan of water is than poured out onto the Earth! I didn't realise that it was that long, I suppose I never really thought about it! It is amazing how much respect the priest shows towards the Precious Blood. The picture is of Christ of Limpias...
Chanel


No comments:

Post a Comment